Most days you can find me working from home with a cold cup of coffee, a pen in my hair, and a cute little puppy dog on my lap.
I’m a wife to one of the funniest people I know, a mother to three teens who have kept me on my toes since their births, a former elementary school teacher, a current full time real estate agent, and a witty texter who has a continuous flow of creative ideas that wake me up at 3am every morning.
Social media, entertaining, strong libations, and dark chocolate make me giddy. I LOVE helping people and feel very lucky to have some of the BEST people in the world to keep me laughing and call them friends.
Life is about to change for me though. The chaos that once filled this abode is beginning to get calmer. While I know I will be sad to see our little family fly the cuckoo nest I also know I have a BIG dreamy adventure ahead.
YouPartTwo is the space I think I need to help me and hopefully others through this transition time with excitement, find a new purpose, and put fun into being an empty nester. I hope to share, inspire, and educate all who are along this journey with me.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are 5 things you might not know about me:
- I married my best friend. Yeah, yeah, everyone says that. But my husband and I have been friends since second grade. Word. And the kicker is we still like to be around each other. I often find myself looking at him and smiling thinking about this little life we created together.
2. I see 11:11 or 1:11 on a clock almost everyday. Usually twice a day. No joke. So, I say a little prayer and thank God for all that I have and what I am most grateful for at that moment.
3. Homemade cookies are a big problem for me. I have been called a cookie whore before. You may think that is harsh but I own it. Soft sugar cookies and chewy chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven make me a little weak in the knees. Raw cookie dough….don’t even let me lick the spoon or you won’t have many cookies to bake.
4. I might speak “dog.” Seriously, I know exactly what my dog would say if she could say it. And I use the appropriate voice that if she had one would be hers. My kids hate it. My husband wishes there was money to be made with this skill because it is so accurate.
5. Themed parties are a pure delight to me. I love a creative costume, too. For 12 years our family dressed up in a theme and store bought costumes do not cut it. I don’t usually enjoy dressing up for adult Halloween parties but give me a theme like a Valentine Come As Your Favorite Couple or a Heaven or Hell Farewell party and I’m all over it. It’s a blessing and a curse.
6. I know, I said 5 things, but one more thing about me is I do love a good smelling candle. These 3 are my top favorites… OMG. They lift my spirits and put this mama in a happy place. Get togethers at my house involve me bossing my kids to lighting candles in every room right before the guests arrive. Another thing they hate that I do. Haha.
Thank you so much for popping over to my little space. I would love to connect with you on social media…….so be sure to say hi! Together we can make our empty nest years the best years.